The Wren’s local journalism is informed by the diverse residents of Kamloops (Tk’emlúps).
We value the insight, perspectives and lived experiences that community members choose to share.
Debate is welcome and encouraged because we see it as key to a healthy and engaged community.
In order to create a safe space where respect is the rule, we ask everyone to follow these community guidelines. (Empathy helps, too.)
- Contributions should be relevant to the content or the topic of discussion
- Comment on content and ideas — not on the people posting them
- Treat each other with respect, even as you challenge each other’s politics and perspectives
- The following kinds of content are prohibited: personal attacks; insults or slurs; defamatory comments; hate speech; threats or harassment; discriminatory comment or comment that exposes an individual or a group to hatred or contempt on the basis of religion, race, nationality or ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or disability
- Respect each other’s privacy, for example, by not disclosing someone’s sexual orientation or personal stories that are not your own; don’t post or threaten to post other people’s personally identifying information, either
- No advertising, “spam” or other commercial posts; and if you’re going to share someone else’s work, make sure you credit them
Consequences of not respecting these guidelines:
We reserve the right to hide or delete any contribution that breaches these guidelines. Repeat offenders will be considered unwelcome and may be banned from engaging on our website, social channels, emails or in-person events.
Please direct any questions or comments to email@example.com.