The Wren is committed to unbiased, independent journalism. Funds from sponsorship allow The Wren to cover operating costs and expand operations. The following policy outlines how The Wren protects our journalistic integrity and the trust of our readers while working with sponsors.
All sponsorship policies are independent of editorial decisions. The Wren does not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in The Wren publications or website. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests, or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors. Sponsor messages may not be deceptive or misleading. Sponsor messages should clearly identify the sponsor and the product or service being offered.
This policy covers all functions within The Wren and any affiliates that involve sponsorship operations.
It is the responsibility of the Editor of The Wren to ensure compliance with this policy.
The Wren has the right to decline any sponsorship that, in its sole discretion, is incompatible with its mission or inconsistent with the values of The Wren publication/website. The Wren has the right to stop sponsorships previously accepted. Sponsored content is subject to review by the Editor and others at The Wren.
The Wren has no conflict of interest in what, when, or how we publish content, regardless of sponsorship status. In no case shall separate agreements with The Wren or its affiliates supersede this policy.
- All native/content advertisements/sponsorship are labeled with “sponsored” text, i.e., sponsored by, made possible by, in partnership with, together with, a message from.
- Ads that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain.
- Ads must send users to the same landing page when the ad is clicked.
- Landing pages cannot use any of the spam behavior which is recognized as malware.
- Ads must directly relate to the content on the landing page.
- Ads must clearly represent the company, product and/or service that is being advertised.
Advertising for the following categories is prohibited:
- Ads must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive
- Ads cannot insult, harass, or threaten
- Ads cannot contain, facilitate, promote or reference the following:
- libelous content, political advertisements, politically divisive content
Violations of this policy may lead to consequences up to and including the removal of the ad being served within The Wren’s newsletter, website, and related materials.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
The Wren reserves the right to modify or terminate this Policy with or without notice.
THE WREN SPONSORSHIP COMPLAINTS
Please send complaints about sponsorship to [email protected].
The Wren retains editorial control of our content in all circumstances. Funding partners do not have input into the stories that will be produced, are not aware of specific stories we are working on, do not review them before publication, and do not have special access to reporters. We will always disclose who our funding partners are to our readers. Partners must sign a clause agreeing to editorial independence before entering into a partnership with The Wren.